Crispy and Delicious: A Guide to Making Perfect Roast Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Roast potatoes are a staple side dish on any dinner table. They are an excellent accompaniment to any meal. However, traditional methods of making roast potatoes require frying them in oil which makes them unhealthy. Fortunately, using an air fryer provides a healthy alternative, and you can achieve the same crispy and delicious roast potatoes that your family will love. Here’s our guide to making a perfect roast potato in an air fryer.
– Potatoes (3-4 medium-sized potatoes)
– 2-3 tablespoons of oil (olive oil, vegetable oil, or coconut oil)
– Salt (to taste)
– Pepper (to taste)
– Garlic powder (optional)
– Dried herbs (optional)
1. Preheat your air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for five minutes.
2. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into quarters or cubes, depending on your preference.
3. In a mixing bowl, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any dried herbs of your choice. Mix well.
4. Add the potatoes to the mixing bowl and toss them in the oil and seasoning until they are well coated.
5. Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and make sure they are in a single layer for even cooking.
6. Cook the potatoes in the air fryer for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the basket every 5-7 minutes for even cooking.
7. After 20-25 minutes, check the potatoes to see if they are golden brown and crispy. If not, cook for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle some fresh herbs on top, and serve hot.
Air fryers make healthy cooking easier by eliminating the need for excess oil. When comparing to traditional deep frying, an air fryer uses around 80% less oil when cooking. Therefore, using an air fryer to make roast potatoes increases the health benefits of this delicious side dish.
Potatoes are a great source of nutrition, they are high in fiber and contain many nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, and iron. Potatoes have often been vilified as unhealthy because of their high carbohydrate content. However, consuming carbohydrates is essential for the body as they provide us with energy.
When roasting potatoes in an air fryer, the lack of oil reduces the total calorie content, making it a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods.
1. Can I use any type of potato to make roast potatoes in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use any type of potato to make roast potatoes in an air fryer. However, the best variety of potato to use is the starchy kind, such as Russet or Idaho potatoes. These potatoes have a high starch content, which makes them perfect for roasting and crisping in an air fryer.
2. Can I put aluminum foil in the air fryer when making roast potatoes?
Yes, you can put aluminum foil in the air fryer when making roast potatoes. However, you must shape it in a way that it doesn’t block the air vents. Also, make sure that the foil is touching the sides of the air fryer basket to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the basket.
3. Can I make roast potatoes in an air fryer without oil?
Yes, you can. However, adding some oil to the potatoes helps to make them crispy. If you prefer your roast potatoes to have a crispy skin, we recommend that you use a small amount of oil.
Roast potatoes are one of the most delicious and versatile side dishes that you can make. Using an air fryer to make roast potatoes is a healthier alternative to traditional frying methods, and you can still achieve the same crispy and delicious results. Try out our Guide to Making Perfect Roast Potatoes in an Air Fryer today, and enjoy a healthy and delicious side dish with your family.