Coronavirus leaves Wuhan a ‘Zombieland’ with’dead lying in deserted Roads

Coronavirus leaves Wuhan a ‘Zombieland’ with’dead lying in deserted Roads

ZOMBIE WASTELAND Coronavirus leaves Wuhan a ‘Zombieland’ with’dead lying in deserted Roads and medics patrolling in hazmat suits’

SHOCKING images reveal Chinese citizens lying dead on the floor as Wuhan struggles to deal with the deadly coronavirus.

The city, that’s the epicenter of the epidemic that’s spreading across the planet, has been dubbed”Zombieland” by desperate locals.

Harrowing images on social media show people collapsed on the road and in hospital waiting rooms amid the outbreak that has claimed the lives of 17.

Coronavirus leaves Wuhan a 'Zombieland'
Coronavirus leaves Wuhan a ‘Zombieland’

In one disturbing clip, a man could be seen lying on the floor while medics wearing hazmat suits and gas masks try to help him.

According to reports, the victim — who was wearing a protective mask – was waiting in line for paperwork when he lost consciousness and collapsed.

Another dreadful picture shows a man reportedly died on the floor with blood pouring from his head.

1 local news website in Wuhan reports that the victim in the film died from coronavirus.

Posting the picture on social networking, their caption read:”It is said that a person infected with coronavirus expired in blood.”

DEAD IN THE STREET

Some of the other pictures being shared broadly on social media are thought to be out of Wuhan although at this point remain unverified.

Residents at the”ground zero” town, where the virus originated, have been advised to avoid crowds and to not attend public parties leaving the streets looking like a ghost town – despite its 11 million inhabitants.

Images online, posted by shoppers, reveal supermarket shelves lying vacant after panic buying by concerned sailors.

All transportation links in Wuhan were locked down this morning in a desperate bid to prevent the spread of this bug.

CHINA IN CRISIS

This comes as it emerged today that six people in the united kingdom are being treated for suspected coronavirus.

Five patients are being treated in Scotland and yet another in Belfast, Northern Ireland, it’s been reported.

Latest figures indicate the number of cases in China has now risen to 616 along with other victims hospitalised in Japan, Thailand, South Korea and the United States

With the virus spreading all around the world questions are being asked about how local governments in Wuhan dealt with the outbreak in recent weeks.

The central Chinese town, which has a population of 11 million, is the epicenter of the catastrophe with the virus believed to have originated from snakes in a live animal market in December.

Last week, it appeared that the insect could be passed from human to human — yet authorities in Wuhan just locked down its transportation links TODAY.

And rumors of a cover-up have gained traction on the internet.

Coronavirus leaves Wuhan
Coronavirus leaves Wuhan

DELETION OF Social Networking POSTS

According to the Washington Post, Wuhan Railway deleted a social networking article from January 15 that said 300,000 people left town.

As distrust with the authorities mounts, there are suspicions that such official posts are deleted to protect the public from the real extent of the outbreak.

China is celebrating Lunar New Year this Saturday — a vacation that has been called the”world’s biggest migration” with countless excursions normally expected.

There are concerns that the virus may spread more rapidly consequently.

Wuhan abruptly announced its travel ban at 2.30am local time this morning while the majority of its residents were asleep.

This was interpreted by some as a symptom of panic from the city’s health authorities.

REFUSING TO TEST PATIENTS

Additionally, there are damning stories from Wuhan of medics lately neglecting to test patients that were clearly showing signs of this illness.

Kyle Hui told the New York Times that despite his stepmother with the appropriate symptoms, including a cough and a fever, physicians wearing hazmat suits refused to check her to the virus.

He said she died on January 15 and her death certificate says”severe pneumonia” instead of coronavirus.

And while she hasn’t been recorded among the official victims of this insect, Mr Hui claims doctors told him to cremate his stepmother’s body because they suspected she had the illness.

PANIC BUYING

Officials in Wuhan have advised locals to remain indoors and have arranged them to wear face masks when outdoors.

However, the People’s Daily — the government’s propaganda outlet — published on social media which the state was running low on masks and other protective garments.

That online post was eventually deleted.

Wuhan residents also have posted pictures online revealing empty supermarket shelves in a different sign the city was unprepared for the fear buying this outbreak would necessarily cause.

‘DERELICTION OF DUTY’

Guan Yi, a Hong Kong-based infectious disease specialist, believes a”larger” outbreak is certain when accusing officials in mainland China of a”dereliction of duty.”

The specialist, who helped identify another coronavirus called SARS in 2003, says”we’ve passed through the golden period’ for control and prevention.”

He told Caixin: “What is more, we have the holiday traffic rush and dereliction of responsibility from certain officials.”

TEN TIMES WORSE THAN SARS

Dr. Yi said the current outbreak could be 10 times worse than the SARS crisis.

He said: “I’ve experienced so much and never felt scared. Many (viruses) are controllable, but this time I’m scared.”

The specialist claims he had to”escape” Wuhan yesterday after seeing the”jaw-dropping” lack of preventative measures imposed by local officials.

A BAN ON PUBLIC GATHERINGS

Now several important cities, including the capital Beijing, have followed Wuhan in prohibiting public gatherings during the New Year celebrations.

This is another indication that China is expanding its efforts to include the virus that began last month — but is it too little too late?

Many residents in Wuhan believe so.

Social networking users in town have blasted authorities on Weibo for waiting weeks to place the metropolis on lockdown.

Xiao, 26, a primary school teacher in Wuhan, told The Guardian:”When I watched the news when I woke up, I felt like I was going to go mad. This is a bit too late now. The government’s measures aren’t enough.”

Others criticized local authorities on the social networking platform Weibo since #PrayforWuhan was trending.

SOCIAL MEDIA BACKLASH

One said:”It has been a month since the first case was found and only now do they think of shutting the city? This Wuhan emergency response is somewhat slow, right???”

Another added:”The government should address this. If things become too expensive, people will surely panic and when folks feel dangerous, terrible things happen. Right now people are fighting supplies, soon they might just be fighting.”

Locals have shared pictures of the stockpiles of instant noodles and snacks on the social networking platform Weibo.

One wrote:”No more going out… so I will not get sick. Hope Wuhan can find some support soon.”

It’s uncommon of citizens to express such outrage in the Chinese government on the nation’s microblogging website.

Supermarket shelves are empty as residents have begun stockpiling products to keep themselves isolated in your home to prevent contracting the virus.

Images shared online show food costs have spiked in Wuhan.

Cake Liu abandoned Wuhan last week after seeing her boyfriend and said everything was normal then, things have changed quickly.

She explained:”(My boyfriend) did not sleep much yesterday. He disinfected his home and hauled up on instant noodles. He is not going out. If he or she wears a mask.”

Police, SWAT teams and paramilitary troops have been out on the streets patrolling the railroad stations as police have prohibited traveling on subways and ferries.

CITY ON LOCKDOWN

The airport and train stations have been closed down to incoming passengers traveling after 10 am local time.

Petrol stations are rammed with drivers trying to get as much fuel as possible amid rumors reservations had run out.

Pharmacies have sold from face masks, residents said.

An Irish educator in Wuhan has described the town as a”ghost town” as he has been holding up in his apartment.

Ben Kavanagh told RTE Radio’s Morning Ireland:”You’re allowed out, but there are several rumors and people are concerned, it is better not to.

“It is almost like a ghost town.

I’ve got enough water for a couple more days, but I will probably have to head out to the stores for food.

“I don’t have any clue what to expect.”

Seven million people in Huanggang, which is 45 miles away, have been advised not to leave after there were confirmed cases.

Public transport stopped running at midnight local time.

Dr. W. Ian Lipkin, a US epidemiologist at Columbia University who informed China and the World Health Organisation during the SARS outbreak, said infected victims outside Wuhan would continue to spread the disease.

He explained: “The horse is already out of the barn.”

Leave comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *.