“A story of love and desire” and “The real family” are the winners of the main awards of the 14th Angoulême Francophone Film Festival which ends tonight. “Black box” with Pierre Niney wins the audience award.
After 5 days of competition, the jury of the 14th edition of the Angoulême Francophone Film Festival, chaired by Nicole Garcia, unveiled its prize list. It is A story of love and desire, the second film by Leyla Bouzid which won the highest distinction of the Festival, the Valois diamond. The film also received an interpretation award for its lead male performer, Sami Outalbali.
Double reward also for the film which wins the Valois of the jury, The real family of Fabien Gorgeart. Mélanie Thierry leaves with the prize for female interpretation.
The coveted jury prize goes to Boite noire by Yann Gozlan, a film which had already won the jury prize at the Reims Polar Festival last June. Pierre Niney encamped there an agent of the BEA (Bureau of Investigation and Analysis for Civil Aviation Safety) and was propelled as chief investigator into an unprecedented air disaster. The careful analysis of the black boxes will push him to conduct his own investigation in secret …
The complete list of the 14th edition of the Angoulême Francophone Film Festival:
- Valois du Public awarded following the online vote of spectators on the Festival website: Yann Gozlan’s black box
- Valois of French-speaking students With the support of the Department of Charente, awarded by the jury of French-speaking students: Little nature by Samuel Theis
- Valois Rothschild Martin Maurel awarded to a producer by a college of distributors, with the support of Banque Rothschild Martin Maurel: Laetitia Galitzine (Chapka Films) and Aurélie Rouvière (La Filmerie) for Antoinette in the Cévennes by Caroline Vignal
- Valois René Laloux awarded to the best animated short: It wasn’t Mathias de Panafieu’s Burgundy
- Valois of the scenario: Rachel Lang for My Legionnaire
- Valois de la musique With the support of SACEM: Olivier Alary for the music of La Nuit des rois by Philippe Lacôte
- Valois of the staging: The Night of the Kings by Philippe Lacôte
- Valois of the actress: Mélanie Thierry in The True Family by Fabien Gorgeart / Special mention : Ina Marija Bartaité in My Legionnaire by Rachel Lang
- Actor’s Valois: Sami Outalbali in A love story and desire of Leyla Bouzid
- Valois of the Jury: The True Family by Fabien Gorgeart
- Valois de Diamant With the support of France Télévisions: A story of love and desire by Leyla Bouzid
As a reminder, Ibrahim by Samir Guesmi and Un Triomphe by Emmanuel Courcol were the big winners of the 2020 edition. Marc Dugain’s new film, Eugénie Grandet, is screened at the end of the event which took place from 24 to August 29, 2021. The event gathered more than 30,000 spectators during this edition.
The A Story of Love and Desire trailer, premiering September 1: