A New Twist on a Classic Side Dish: Perfectly Roasted Carrots
Carrots are a classic side dish that have been enjoyed for centuries. They’re sweet, versatile, and can be prepared in a multitude of ways. But if you’re tired of the same old carrot dishes, it’s time to try something new.
Roasting carrots is a simple yet delicious way to bring out their natural sweetness and flavor. And with a few added ingredients, you can create a dish that’s healthy, satisfying, and sure to impress your guests.
Health Benefits of Carrots
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a moment to discuss the health benefits of carrots. These orange vegetables are packed with nutrients that can benefit your overall health and well-being.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant that’s converted into Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for good vision, immune function, and skin health. Carrots are also a good source of fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote feelings of fullness.
In addition, carrots contain other vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin K. These nutrients can help regulate blood pressure, support healthy bones, and boost the immune system.
Now let’s get to the recipe!
Perfectly Roasted Carrots Recipe
– 1 pound of carrots, peeled and sliced into ½ inch coins
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional: fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sliced carrots, olive oil, honey, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss until the carrots are evenly coated with the seasonings.
3. Spread the carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and caramelized.
4. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
Q: Can I use baby carrots instead of sliced carrots?
A: Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may be shorter as baby carrots are smaller in size.
Q: Can I use a different type of oil instead of olive oil?
A: Absolutely! Avocado oil or coconut oil are great alternatives that can add different flavors to this dish.
Q: How can I store leftover roasted carrots?
A: Place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the oven at a low temperature.
In conclusion, roasted carrots are a delicious and nutritious side dish that can jazz up any meal. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time in the oven, you can create a dish that’s packed with flavor and health benefits. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how tasty roasted carrots can be!