Life mottos are simple phrases that carry a lot of weight. So if you are looking for one, these empowering life mottos are for you.
Do you have a life motto? Whether you realize it or not, you may have a motto for a long time.
Life mottos can be a word or a phrase that reminds you of your purpose and goals. Or they can reflect your understanding of life, success, love, and happiness.
A good life motto should be precise and empowering. It can be as brief as “live with less” or even shorter like “focus.” The statement will inspire you to go forward if it gives you power and direction.
Why should you have a life motto?
Table of Contents
Having a life motto is essential.
For one, it helps you keep your life in perspective. It reminds you of your core values like kindness or professional success.
For another, a life motto can be a powerful motivator in times of doubt and confusion.
Mottos like “progress over perfection” reminds you to take action and be consistent. And “be productive, not busy” encourages you to look at your schedule and find ways to improve it.
How to find your life mottos?
Finding a life motto that works is not an easy thing. First, you must be clear about your priorities, core values, and goals.
To help you come up with your life mottos, try to ask yourself a few questions:
- What do you value most?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Who is your role model, or what kind of person do you want to become?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If there’s one thing you will do every day for the rest of your life, what will it be?
- Name one achievement that you are the proudest of.
Answering these self-awareness questions will help you clear your thoughts and identify what’s most important to you.
And to help narrow your search, here is a list of life mottos you may find relatable. If you find your motto in this list, feel free to write it down or make it your phone wallpaper as a visual reminder.
Personal life mottos to live by
Motivational mottos for success
- Better an “Oops” than a “What if.”
You will never know what you can achieve if you don’t try.
- Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
- Find what you’d die for, and then live for it.
A purpose will get you further than motivation.
- Grow through what you go through.
There’s a lesson to learn from each failure and setback.
- Growth is happening even when you don’t notice.
So be patient and keep going.
- Endings are also beginnings.
When you are ready to let go and move on, you welcome better things into your life.
- If you can’t beat fear, just do it scared.
– Glennon Doyle Melton
- The grass is greener where you water it.
Where your energy goes is where the results happen.
- You are different. And that’s your power.
- Live to impress yourself, not others.
- Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before.
Confusion and struggles can be signs that you are on the right path.
- Small steps everyday.
- Progress over perfection.
Start now and improve along the way.
- Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn.
- Seek peace but be ready to go to war. – r.h.Sin
Be kind but also speak up for yourself.
- Make time for more adventures.
- One day in retrospect, it will all make sense.
All the pain you go through will become your strength and precious experiences.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes. That’s how you learn.
- Be open to new beginnings.
- Focus on the step in front of you and not the whole staircase.
- I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it but by working for it. – Estée Lauder
The future you want is in the work you’ve been avoiding.
- Storms don’t last forever.
- A year from now, you will wish you had started today.
- Nothing outside of you has power over you.
You are stronger than you think you are.
- You are allowed to make a big deal about things that are important to you.
Whether it’s your dreams, passion, or your personal goals, own them and be your best cheerleader.
- Don’t stop until you are proud.
- You don’t come this far to just be this far.
- If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.
– Richard Branson
Let your dreams be your best motivation.
- You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.
- Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
– Maya Angelou
- The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.
- Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.
Your triumphs will do the talking for you.
- As long as we’re breathing, it’s not too late to change your story.
You have every right and power to pivot.
- Old ways don’t open new doors.
- Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path.
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, not the goal.
- Be productive, not busy.
- You only fail when you stop trying.
- Trust the timing of your life.
What you are going through now is preparing you for a better future.
- Discipline is choosing what you want now and what you want the most.
- Show up anyways.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- It doesn’t get easier. You just get stronger.
Embrace a growth mindset and never stop evolving.
- You don’t have to be extreme. Just be consistent.
- Visualize your highest self and start showing up as her.
Life mottos for self-love and mental health
- Stop measuring your worth with someone else’s ruler.
- Your mental health is priceless.
Whatever costs you your inner peace is too expensive.
A minimalistic life not only cuts off the excess. It also adds clarity and focus.
- You are not supposed to be liked by everybody.
- You can do anything. But you can’t do everything all at once.
One thing at a time.
- Apologize for your mistakes, not your feelings.
Your feelings are valid, and your emotions are signs of your mental well-being. So honor them and accept who you truly are.
- Look for something positive in each day.
- The more you like yourself, the less you’ll need others to.
- If you continue to carry the bricks of your past, you’ll end up building the same house.
Learn your lessons. Then move on with the wisdom you gain from the past.
- Be brave enough to say this is not what I want.
- Stop trying to fit into places you’ve outgrown.
- Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.
- Trust the process.
- Everything is a choice.
- To be beautiful means to be yourself.
- You are not a second choice.
You deserve to be someone’s priority.
- Great things happen when you are unavailable to people that make you feel less.
When you cut toxic people off, you make room for those who truly care about you.
- Choose people that are good for your mental health.
- Balance is not something you find. It’s something you create.
– Jana Kingsford
You don’t just sit there and wish for a perfect balance between work and life. You set rules and stick to them.
- Be your authentic self, not a perfect clone.
- Your life isn’t yours if you always care about what others think.
- Celebrate every win, no matter how small.
Every small personal achievement is worth celebrating.
- Don’t look back. You are not going that way.
- If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.
Life mottos to spread kindness
- Always be kinder than you need to be.
Kindness is free and magical.
- Live simply, love deeply, care genuinely, and speak kindly.
- Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Treat people with kindness.
- Be the person who makes others feel included.
- In a world where people throw bricks at others, be the one who builds bridges with them.
- There’s power in kindness.
Which one of these life mottos resonates with you?
So here are the life mottos to live by. Have you found yours? Leave a comment down below to share!
Our sincere thanksto the Source link